Friday, March 9, 2012

irish eyes are smiling

Okay, so it's really no secret to my friends and family that whenever I meet new people they are instantly wondering what my ethnicity is. It's a question that often annoys and bothers me. Not because it isn't a valid way of getting to know someone, but that 9 times out of 10 the person asking already has a preexisting idea. So.... that's set the record straight. 


What I got from my dad: Scottish, Welsh, & English 
What I got from my mom: French Canadian, Native American 


With that out of the way I have to admit having no Irish in my blood and living in South Boston hasn't stopped me from partaking in the yearly bash that happens here. 
 Last year my roomies and I got creative turning little green headbands into elaborate festive headpieces. 







The year before that we made little bowler hats splashed with glitter, gold coins, and shamrocks. 





With one week left before St. Patrick's weekend... any thoughts out there on how we should celebrate?

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOO! this time you should do the headbands that go across your foreheads... this way you are celebrating both you and B's ethnicities as native americans aaaand St. Patricks Day! Woh woh woh woh woh!!!!

    ReplyDelete