Wednesday, December 7, 2011

stripes&sparkles



Model, I am certainly not, but I couldn't help getting this outfit captured today. It was fun and youthful to me. As separates the sweater can read a touch older, but adding a simple black and white stripe jersey t-shirt brings it to the younger side. The necklace is a piece my sister gifted to my last Christmas. Whenever I wear it compliments come. I've always loved big chunky jewelry. I'm glad I can pull it off, and wear it instead of it wearing me. 


I do love this cardigan though. Maybe it's my love of dressing like a yuppie in pearls or maybe it's just the sparkle, can't really choose. Cashmere cardigans are always a necessary object for any girl's closet. They're easy to add onto any outfit, and unlike wool sweaters they are very soft and cozy. 


Elie Tahari: Findlay Sweater


The details on the sweater make it for me. Elie incorporates stone and flash to his garments in such a wonderful way. I think sometimes when sequins or rhinestones are added to clothing it can come off cheap and tacky, but he does it in a timeless way. 


Lastly, The Black Keys have a new album out. You should all open your ears and enjoy the sound. 


No comments:

Post a Comment