Sunday, November 13, 2011

because it's never too late... to start a blog.

Hey Blogsphere! That's me in the frame... Kourtney, I'm a 20 something and have been living in South Boston for the past 3 years now.
While living here I've had the same job in the fashion world working for Elie Tahari. Being surrounded by beautiful things each day at work has given me a real appreciation for well made garments. I love hearing the stories behind it all, seeing it come to life on a runway, and watching people eat all of it up in the store.

 In the past year or so many of my friends have pushed me into starting a blog to share the fun ideas, new tunes I can't stop jamming to, and the pretty pieces that live in my closet that help jazz up my everyday.

I've always lived under the thought that it's never too late to do anything so this one applies too. Like many of my other girlfriends we all tend to get overly obsessed with items that if they were taken from us we'd cry and throw a temper tantrum that would rival any red headed girl clutching to a ballerina Barbie in Toys R Us. 

Each week I'll bring you just a few things I'll be clutching to for dear life.
The newest addition to my night stand is my glass candy jar. I might have a minor sugar addiction... only minor though. My mom had tons of leftover Halloween candy, and I took full advantage. It's a bright little pop that gives all guests of my room something to enjoy. I plan to put some of my favorite nail polishes in the jar once the sugar rush I'm currently on dies down. 
Oliver Peoples is an insane eyewear brand that began in 1986. They are sold in all the major department stores, and made a short film with one of my girl crushes Zooey Deschanel. The make amazing frames that are super flattering. These blue tinted aviators add a nice element to any outfit. I can't wait to wear them in the summer with little denim cut offs and an easy over sized t-shirt. 

I've been living in these JCrew sweats lately. They're super soft and the perfect thing after a day of busting hump in the retail world. The best part of these pieces I didn't spend over $20 on them boop!


Alex & Ani bracelets have been making my arm parties jingle for a couple years now. One of my great friends is a manager for their store in Newport, RI, and that's just one of the reasons I love to support this growing jewelry line. The brand began in Rhode Island which is a hop, skip, and a jump away from Boston and all of their materials used are eco-friendly. Using recycled materials and manufacturing the items here in the USA are two big pluses. Alex and Ani doesn't limit themselves to just bracelets they have rings, necklaces, charms, earrings, and a precious jewels line.


Here they are living in my jewelry box.




And last but not least these are my newest addition to the pumped up kicks collection. Elie Tahari not only makes incredible ready to wear he also has an accessories collection to accompany the clothing. I love these wedges for the fun color and the fact that they are ridiculously comfy. 

1 comment: