Monday, November 28, 2011

a few things you should know about me.

Everyone has quirks to their personalities. Special qualities that make them unique. Often times these endearing traits can be embarrassing. At times we can want to hide these quirks away only sharing them with those closet to us. Or let's face it the people in our lives that will judge us the least for them. 

There are a couple things in life that make me extremely happy. They are very simple and often times don't cost more than $20. Over the years I've accumulated quite a collection in two very different categories. Two of the things I can't live my life without are magazines and basic cotton t-shirts. 

I know on the outside they don't seem like terrible things to have. One gives you all kinds of updates and information and the other is comfortable and a necessity in anyone's closet. I guess here's where the rub is for me. 
Some of my faves throughout the years

I have drawers upon drawers filled with these kinds of t-shirts. Ones that are connected to specific memories, college events, and childhood sporting teams. I can't bare to part with them not cause I think I'll wear them all the time or even eventually, but because they hold a sense of nostalgia for me. Hopefully, at some point I'll make a quilt out of all the shirts. It'll free out drawer space, and I won't have to toss the memories. 

drawer #1

drawer #2

drawer #3

Magazines are things I hang on to for several reasons (Like any true hoarder I am trying to justify my actions a little bit here). My love for fashion started before I can even really remember. I just always loved putting outfits together, and thru working in high end retail I have gained a real appreciation for clothing that is well made. 

Magazines really combine the two. I love all the editorial shots, and how they showcase clothing in a more whimsical way. The idea of viewing clothing as something more than fabrics and sewing is extremely important to me. 

On the flip side I do love all the tips magazines can give on how to pair clothing together in unexpected fun ways- it makes playing in my closet all the more fun. 

by my nightstand is a collection of newer magazines

























As you can probably tell I have magazines all over my apartment. Often times this is welcomed by visitors to the house while their waiting around for one of us to be ready to go out. 

I guess things could be worse... I mean I could collect Precious Moments or collectible spoons. Right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment