Monday, November 21, 2011

a little sparkly & a sip of bubbles

Last week I experienced a few bumps in the road. I'm just a little off still- not totally myself but I'll get there. I guess it's to be expected when your world gets shaken like a snow globe. 

On Saturday, I went with Cait, one of my former college roomies to visit another college roommate (Katie) it was just what the doctor ordered. Katie got engaged this past August, and we got to see the house they just moved into. It was beautiful, and I couldn't be happier for them. As a token I got them a bottle of champagne to help them celebrate. 


Cheers Katie & Andy! 

Other than being with two girls I love, I lifted my spirits by getting something sparkly and carrying something special. 




On Friday I decided to treat myself after a long week of holiday setups (pictures to come), relationship setbacks, and draining rainy days. I broke my rule of not shopping for myself until after Christmas, and went to Anthropologie to buy a dress I noticed a week or two ago that I had left on the rack. On the hanger it was a girly classic black and white knit dress. On my body it was made me look like a hippo from Fantasia, and I made sure the sales girl knew it when she asked if I wanted to try it on again. No thanks chick, but I'll keep my impulse register buy. These gold sparkly beauties have been on my ears since Friday. I love them! They add that little something extra to a basic outfit. I had been searching for a vintage inspired chandelier earring, and I finally found them. 


Hello big mama!! Okay seriously that is the name of the handbag. The leather on it is specially treated to appear like a glittery suede, and it's super soft. I love the big buckle on the front, and the tortoise details on the handles. Fendi, is a brand I have loved for a long time now. Many people are aware that Karl Lagerfeld designs for Chanel, however, people tend to forget that he is also behind the beautiful creations that Fendi puts out. Karl, you can do no wrong in my eyes. 

Looks from Fendi SS2012


Louis Vuitton, I LOVE THIS. I mean it combines two obsessions so I can't not love it. Louis luggage and elephants I'm not sure which is love more. I hope you all enjoy this window display as much as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment