Friday, January 6, 2012

feel the rhythm... feel the rhyme

Skrillex


I would never claim to be a music expert by any means, but it's something I have a real passion for. I love finding new music, and better than that I love to share it. 


When I was a little kid I would always freak my older sister's friends out by knowing the words to all their favorite songs. I can listen to a song once, and take almost all the lyrics away from it. Some might call that a gift... I always thought it was annoying that I could remember every word from Pearl Jam's Ten album but not how to do long division. 


I've all the past year or so I've gotten into a bunch of really different types of music that I was never interested in before. Below is some of the rips off of Skrillex's new album Bangarang. Let me tell you... if you weren't a fan before you will be now. 




This first song "Summit" features Ellie Goulding. I can sum her up as a British pop fairy. She looks the part and sounds it too. A fun fact about Ellie is she was the only person to perform at William & Kate's reception. Pretty badass if you ask me... This song is one of the slower off the album, but it packs a nice beat, and her voice really adds an haunting touch to it. 




This next one is called "Kyoto" it's closer to the Skrillex I've come to know and appreciate. It's a hard edge to it with a slamming beat that doesn't let up. The song features Sirah she's another female on this album that really adds to Skrillex's beats. 




The title track off this album... "Bangarang" featuring Sirah. I think Skrillex had a major thing for her throwing her voice into two of his beats on this album. Her rap on this isn't so much of a presence as it is a throw in of fun. I mean come on, she mentions eating fun dip and not giving a fuck, and I'd have to say listening to this album has inspired me to do the same. xo



No comments:

Post a Comment