Sunday, January 15, 2012

sometimes it's okay to embrace the trends



I must admit ladies when the denim on denim trend first reared it's ugly head I was not a fan. I couldn't accept the thought of wearing jeans with denim on top. All I could envision was a total 80's attack and I wanted to run the other direction.


Almost a year and a half after this trend came out I'm now in full support of it. I love the look of colored jeans and a chambray button down shirt. I've worn colored denim with a chambray shirt sooo many different ways: yellow, red, electric blue, mint... I could go on & on.



Another trend I'm completely on board with is headbands. I'm currently watching the Golden Globes and I've seen some beautiful headbands on the likes of Michelle Williams and Charlize Theron. They can add a special touch to a look, and those two beauties wear them very well.  


My headband is three black leather flowers and gold stones and it's from Elie Tahari. Now technically this wasn't meant to be a headband. It's actually a necklace, but I like it so much better this way. 




Just a little head to toe view. So you heard it here style setters I think it's a ok to embrace the trends... sometimes, and learn to make a few of your own on the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment